‘DETOX your mind, body and soul’
Detoxing and regular body cleansing are a subject of huge importance for a healthy living. Before we proceed, it’s crucial to know exactly what detox is. A detox is a process in which an individual makes lifestyle changes to remove all the negative effects (toxins) on the body from the environment. “Toxins” are in fact all the heavy metals, chemicals, pollutants, artificial food ingredients, and pesticides.
Detoxing makes your skin glow, eyes sparkle, boosts energy levels, improves digestion and helps reduce the weight. The foremost endeavor of any detox plan is to detoxify the the liver, kidneys and bowel.
What to do primarily?
Alcohol, cigarettes, milk products, sugar, artificial sweeteners, dried fruit, coffee, honey, maple syrup, pasta, rye, barley, bread, biscuits, cakes, oats, spelt and rice.
- Fresh fruits & vegetables, fish: fresh, canned in water or olive oil
- Green tea, white tea, weak black tea (decaffeinated)
- Legumes: kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils
- Eggs, nuts, walnuts, macadamias and cashews
- Pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Water: 1-3 liters/day
If you really need to fast track your health, follow this healthy and safe 7-day program.
“A healthy lifestyle is born out of a collection of healthy habits, and creating a new habit takes time.”
Here is your detox plan for the next 7 days:
1) Vigorous exercise drastically increases lymph flow and circulation to help sweat out toxins. During detox, aim to exercise, jog along the beach, walking uphill, yoga for at least an hour daily.
2) Drinking an early morning lemon juice before breakfast kick start the digestion and cleanse the system effectively.
3) Drink 3 liters of fluid every day. Choose from pure spring water, fresh vegetable juice and herbal detox teas. You can also make your own brew by mixing Dandelion root and nettle, burdock, cleavers, calendula, and red clover.
4) Cut out the cooking process and start eating mainly raw foods. Doctors recommend that raw foods contain more nutrients and enzymes. Also, adding fresh sprouts to a salad daily, helps to make your detox program much better.
5) Aim to chew each mouthful of food 10 to 12 times before swallowing. Yes, it’s an underrated factor for the digestion & helps to remove toxins.
6) It’s time to detox your mind. While you’re detoxing the body, it’s virtuous to clear the clutter from the mind too. Meditate for 10 minutes in a day, preferably in the morning..
7) Body brushing: Doing this daily will support circulation and intensify skin detoxification. Use a natural fiber body brush, brush the skin with firm circular strokes before you step into the shower.
Note: Detox is not recommended if you are pregnant, elderly, have high blood pressure, are underweight. Consult your doctor if you want to follow the detox-plan.
At Alpha Healing Center (AHC), we offer state-of-the-art inpatient treatments and holistic healing to create a unique recovery experience for individuals struggling with alcohol and drug use problems. Contact us.